Thursday 31 March 2016

March.


So now i'm all settled into my new home and absolutely love my little flat. I can't believe i've already been here for a month and a half, it's just flying by.

So one of the first events I went to in March was a toga party, which was also kind of a paint party with UV paint. We donned our best bedsheets and gold glitter was absolutely everywhere.

TOGA!
As another event for our intentional orientation, Victoria University threw a boat party/cruise for us one evening. We all got dressed up and enjoyed the beautiful views onboard the Victoria Star whilst drinking a lot of alcohol and eating free pizza.

The Victoria Star
Around the end of my third week here myself and a few friends went to the Moomba Festival in Melbourne City. We spent the afternoon wandering round the different food stalls, game stalls and even went on a couple of the rides. As it started to get dark we went to find a spot by the river to sit and watch some of the waterskiing competitions that were taking place on the lake. Soon after, the firework display started.

Fireworks at Moomba
Every month I try make it easier on myself and keep a draft of my monthly post updated each time I do something, but I can sometimes be a bit useless at that. I'm now struggling to remember what i've done in the past week.

The Grand Prix! I've never really been a massive fan of this on the tv despite a lot of family members loving it, I just couldn't get into it. Like a lot of things though, it's so much different when you're there for real and I actually got a little excited. Unfortunately though that night I came down with laryngitis and was knocked out for a few days! After being prescribed antibiotics I started to feel loads better, but it meant i'd have to take it easy with alcohol for a few days!

#AUSGP!
Here we go again with another night out. This wasn't for anything special, I just really like this picture!

I am a giant.

I'm not really a massive sports person, but when Uni offers you free tickets to an AFL game, you don't refuse. Our friend Tarrena supports one of the teams playing; the Freemantle Dockers, and as me Priya and Louisa aren't from Australia, we weren't really fussed with who we supported, so we chose to support Tarrena's. We all bought scarves and started to get a little excited. In the end we really enjoyed ourselves and I started to really get into the game. Unfortunately though, the Western Bulldogs won 103-38. But it was still a great day out doing something I wouldn't usually do.

Go Freo!
Everyone knows, Jurassic Park is my all time favourite film. I just loved dinosaurs when I was younger. Coincidentally, there was a Jurassic Park exhibition in Melbourne and of course I went. It was themed as if you were actually going to the island and all the little kids were getting so excited it was adorable. There were animatronics of all the popular dinosaurs and they looked so real!

Ah!
As this post goes up i'll be spending my Spring Break in Sydney! Which will be in a new post very soon. I can't believe it's April already!!!
𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒𝕓𝕖𝕝

No comments:

Post a Comment