Wednesday 18 February 2015

What I did on my week off!

I've been thinking for a while of what I could blog about next. I had a few post ideas a couple of weeks ago and instead of being smart and spacing them out, I got a bit excited and posted them all in one week.
Last week was the first time I've ever booked a week off work without having a real reason to. In the past it's been because i'm going on holiday. So it was amazing to relax for a week, meet up with a few friends and not worry about a thing. So to commemorate this wondrous occasion, I thought I'd share with you what I got up to.

Monday-Wednesday.
Even though I had the week off from LEGO, I still had to go work at my placement 9-5.

Wednesday evening.
After finishing my placement shifts for the week, I went to stay at my cousin, Harriet's house. I'm incredibly close with her family and I often go stay there every few weeks. We have a tradition of having my Auntie's famous chicken pasta (pasta bake with chicken in), and we watch a horror film. This time we plugged our phones into my Uncle's big speakers, turned the living room lights on, my cousin got the disco lights out and we had a little dance around the living room.

Thursday.
I had a very productive day. When I started University I went to a Freshers Fair and naturally inherited heaps of flyers. Most of them had pretty cool designs so I decided to blue tac them all to my wall.
Mistake.
I'm a very indecisive person; my room is a prime example of this. I'm permanently moving furniture round and changing the decorations on my walls. So I decided to take all of my Freshers flyers down. This took off like 80% of the paint on my wall. I realise i'm going off on a kind of tangent right now so long story short, I re-painted my wall.

Friday.
My friend Charlotte and I have quite an unhealthy obsession with the TV series Sherlock. We even went to the world record attempt in Temple Newsam.

Here is a picture of us on The Mirror's website donning our deerstalkers. Next stop, Hollywood.

So anyway, Charlotte came round to my house and we watched Sherlock Series 3 and played Sherlock Cluedo which I had just bought from Waterstones. You don't need to tell us how cool we are, we already know. But we had a great day and we always have such a laugh.

Saturday.
I started dance classes again. For those that don't know, i'm a Dance Teacher at my local community centre. Usually I choreograph 2 groups, 4 dances each. However, a week before classes started, one of the other teachers discovered she was expecting a baby (aww!) and told us she couldn't teach anymore. I jumped to the rescue and took over, so I now have 3 groups and 12 dances to choreograph and teach!
With it being Valentines Day my boyfriend James came to stay over and my mum and sister also had some friends round. Us 'kids' sat and watched The Inbetweeners whilst the adults talked about boring stuff.

Sunday.
Sunday, was perfect. My sister, James and I spent the day playing board games and taking it in turns on the PS2. I haven't had a sunday off from work in quite a while so it was amazing to just relax and spend the day in my pyjamas.
Then to finish the week off, Mother Riley served an amazing sunday dinner.

I need to book casual weeks off more often!



No comments:

Post a Comment