Wednesday 14 January 2015

My Top 5 Books.

Well, funny thing is, I don't have a top 5.

I love to read. Sometimes it's good to sit in a quiet room and take yourself off to another world like Panem or Hogwarts. Although I haven't read a massive array of books, (unless you count the likes of Jacqueline Wilson and Louise Rennison when I was younger) recently I've morphed into somewhat of a bookworm.

At the moment I'm reading Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. Jurassic Park is definitely my most favourite film franchise (I can assure you that no one else is more excited for JP4 this summer). It was only a few months ago that I realised the movies were developed from a novel, even though it says it at the end of the film and i've watched the film 2784018 times (that is not accurate). I'm absolutely loving it so far despite having dinosaur nightmares after reading it before I go to bed!

Speaking of film franchises coming from books, the Harry Potter series is a very close second to Jurassic Park. I read the Harry Potter books as I was growing up and from the second I picked up The Philosopher's Stone, I absolutely fell in love with the wizarding world that J.K. Rowling created. My favourite book of the series has to be The Order Of The Phoenix. I read them a long time ago so I can't really remember why, I just remember enjoying that one the most, and the fact that my Mum bought me it the day it was released. That always felt pretty special to me.

Further down the age line I was introduced to the world of Panem by one of my very close friends. Reading The Hunger Games was the first time I couldn't put a book down. So naturally, I finished Catching Fire and Mockingjay a matter of weeks after starting the first one.

Then in the past year I moved onto the likes of The Fault In Our Stars by John Green (I cried), Wonder by R.J. Palacio (I cried), The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne (I cried) and The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime by Mark Haddon (I didn't cry). I also read more of John Green's books such as Will Grayson, Will Grayson and An Abundance Of Katherines.

Sat on my bookshelf waiting to be read are The Lost World (obviously), Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, Tales of Beedle The Bard, and I plan to read the Harry Potter series again because I'm such a Potterhead.


PS. I totes copied the idea for this post from my very best friend Tom. And you can read his ramblings here.


No comments:

Post a Comment